One of the more bizarre yet delightful events we went to last year was The Bar of Aero, where the chocolate bar company took over the Truman Brewery in Shoreditch and turned it into bubble playground for a weekend with the help of Tea Time Productions and interaction designers Poeitic Studios. I got to play with a gigantic balloons, drink from a giant gushing hot chocolate fountain and taste custom Aero chocolate creations. If you missed out on the chance to experience what it is like to walk through a bubbly bar of Aero and have fun in a bubble playground then don’t despair as that would be an overreaction. And if it helps, Aero have put together this video so you can share some of the magic.
That’s cool Shem but you can’t taste a video. Well luckily for you Aero have published two recipes so you can get creative in the kitchen with some bubble business.
Chocolate Mint Aero Mousse
120g Mint Chocolate Aero, broken into cubes 2 digestive biscuits, crushed
15g butter, melted
200g low fat natural yoghurt (or whipping cream)
1 egg white, whisked
- Crush the digestive biscuits and add to melted butter and 1 crushed cube Mint Chocolate Aero, mix well and place into the bottom of 4 shot glasses.
- Reserve another piece of Mint Chocolate Aero for grating.
- Place the remaining aero into a small bowl and microwave for 1 1⁄2 minutes. (750w). Add the
marshmallows and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Whisk in 3⁄4 of the yogurt and then fold in the whisked egg white.
- Pour the mixture into shot glasses and leave to chill in the fridge.
- Once set, top with the remaining yoghurt and sprinkle reserved grated Aero on top.
Chocolate Aero Meringue Roulade
25g coarsely grated Mint Chocolate Aero 3 eggs whites
175g caster sugar
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp white wine vinegar
tbsp coarsely grated Mint Chocolate Aero 284mls double cream, whipped until stiff
- Preheat the oven to 140oC /Gas 2
- Line a 33x23cm Swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and gradually whisk in the caster sugar 1 tbsp at a time.
- Whisk in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Spoon into the tin, gently level and bake for 30 minutes until the surface is just firm.
- Dust some baking parchment with icing sugar.
- Remove meringue from the oven and cover with damp greaseproof paper for 10 minutes.
- Discard the damp paper and turn the meringue out onto the parchment and peel off the
- Spread the whipped cream over the meringue and scatter the strawberries over the top.
- Use the parchment to roll from one short end.
- Carefully transfer the roulade onto a serving plate and sprinkle with grated Mint Chocolate